Palace says it understands views of majority on quality of life

Malacañang stated on Thursday that it understands the majority of Filipinos who believe “their quality of life got worse.”

Based on the new Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey, 83 percent said the quality of their lives worsened in the past 12 months, 10 percent believe it was the same, and six percent said it got better.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the results are expected and the figures should even be higher.

“Hindi po kami nasosorpresa diyan. It should in fact be 100%, dahil minimum of two months tayo complete lockdown. Lahat po talaga tayo nahihirapan at kinikilala po iyan ng ating Presidente (We are not surprised. It should in fact be 100 percent because we were in complete lockdown for a minimum of two months. We are all experiencing difficulty and the President acknowledges that),” he rationalized.

The 2020 SWS Covid-19 Mobile Survey was conducted on May 4 to 10 through mobile phone and computer-assisted telephone interviews with 4,010 Filipinos aged 15 years and above.

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...