Palace says PSG protection only for president, first family

By Katrina Gracia Consebido

Acting Presidential Spokesperson Martin Andanar rejected the call to provide Presidential Security Group (PSG) protection to presidential bet Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.

In his press briefing on Tuesday, April 19, Andanar said the PSG “only serves the sitting president and the first family.”

“The PSG provides security for the President and the First Family only. Now, alam natin na sa Amerika, napapanood natin na kung sino ‘yung mga nananalo na kandidato ay nabibigyan ng kanilang secret service,” he continued.

“But I am not so familiar with how the protocols work under the PSG. But, from what we know, the PSG only serves the sitting President and the First family,” Andanar reiterated.

This after Anakalusugan Partylist Representative Mike Defensor said the Palace should “consider” giving PSG protection to Marcos. – gb

 

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...