Russia begins second phase of special military operation in Ukraine: Lavrov

Xinhua News Agency

 

MOSCOW/KIEV – The second phase of Russia’s special military operation in Ukraine has begun, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Tuesday, April 19.

The operation in eastern Ukraine is aimed at “completely liberating” the populations of Donetsk and Lugansk, Lavrov said during an interview with India Today.

“This operation will continue, the next phase of this operation has now begun. There will now be an important moment during this special operation,” he added.

Also on Tuesday, the Ukrinform news agency reported that up to 30% of Ukraine’s infrastructure was damaged as the result of the conflict with Russia, which started on Feb. 24.

The hostilities have either destroyed or damaged 300 bridges and more than 8,000 km of roads, said Ukrinform, quoting Ukrainian Infrastructure Minister Oleksandr Kubrakov.

The Ukrainian government estimated that the cost of direct damage to the country’s infrastructure caused by the conflict could reach 100 billion U.S. dollars, added Kubrakov. (Xinhua)

 

– ag

 

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...