Pangasinan health office monitors 16 Dengvaxia-given children

MANGATAREM, Pangasinan–Sixteen children from Mangatarem are now being keenly monitored by health authorities after they have been found to have been administered with the anti-dengue vaccine Dengvaxia.

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Ana Ma. Teresa de Guzman clarified that these children were given Dengvaxia vaccination although the province of Pangasinan nor any part of Region 1 was not covered by the anti-dengue school based  vaccination using the Dengvaxia.

Only covered by the vaccination were school children from Region III, National Capital Region (NCR) and Region IV-A.

The Provincial Health Office (PHO) said that based on the report of the  Municipal Health Office of Mangatarem,  16 children from the town received the Dengvaxia vaccine.

The PHO reported that six of these children were administered  Dengvaxia by private clinics while 10 others  were vaccinated through the regular  school vaccination program in  San Clemente, Tarlac.

The 10 school children were going to school in San Clemente, a town in Tarlac just south of Mangatarem, Pangasinan.

The PHO directed continuous monitoring of the children administered with Dengvaxia so they could be assisted immediately in case they exhibit dengue symptoms.

So far, there is no report of any of the vaccinated children getting sick.

De Guzman, meanwhile, called on parents  to continue submitting their children for vaccination to ensure their protection against measles, chicken pox as well as hepatitis.

She allayed the fears of parents of possible complications from vaccination.

De Guzman said the traditional vaccination being administered by PHO and  the Department of Health passed through many tests and did not result in any complications. (Ahicam Pasion/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...