PBBM dares ‘fugitive’ Quiboloy to come out of hiding

‘MAGPAKITA SIYA’. President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday (July 10, 2024) defended the initiative of private individuals to offer a P10 million reward for anyone who could provide information that would lead to the arrest of religious leader Apollo Quiboloy. The pastor’s five co-accused also have a bounty of P1 million each. (Photo courtesy of PNA/SMNI)

By Brian Jules Campued

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday challenged Kingdom of Jesus Christ (KOJC) Pastor Apollo Quiboloy, now wanted by the police, to show up and face the charges against him.

In an ambush interview following an event in Rodriguez, Rizal, President Marcos was asked about the latest statement of Quiboloy’s camp questioning the motives of private individuals who had offered P10 million for any information that will lead to the religious leader’s arrest.

“Bakit hindi? They want to help us bring a fugitive to justice. You know, he is a fugitive. He is hiding from the law,” he told reporters.

Marcos defended the initiative of private citizens in donating the bounty, adding that he does not see any issues with the government accepting assistance from anyone who also wants to bring the televangelist to justice.

“He can question their motives as much as they want but magpakita siya,” the President said.

“I question his motives. Let me question his motives. Bakit lagi [kami ang] kinukuwestiyon? Sinusundan lang namin ang batas. Sundin din niya ang batas,” he added.

Quiboloy and his co-accused are facing child and sexual abuse as well as human trafficking charges.

On Monday, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Sec. Benjamin Abalos Jr. announced a reward of P10 million for anyone who can provide information leading to the apprehension of Quiboloy.

Moreover, P1 million each is offered for the other five co-accused.

Former president Rodrigo Duterte previously claimed that he knew where Quiboloy was hiding but declined to reveal the location. – iro

Popular

Palace slams attempt against NegOr contractor, vows to dismantle espionage networks

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Amid consecutive developments arising from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s revelation of ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood control projects in his 4th...

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...