PBBM leads destruction of seized ‘shabu’ to ensure transparency in ‘bloodless’ drug war

ENSURING TRANSPARENCY. President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. leads the inspection of seized illegal drugs before its incineration at a waste management facility in Capas, Tarlac on Wednesday (June 25, 2025). In a speech, Marcos said the witnessing of the full process from capture to destruction ensures transparency in the government’s “bloodless” campaign against illegal drugs. (Photo courtesy: PCO)

By Brian Campued

Reiterating his administration’s commitment to transparency in the fight against illegal drugs in the country, President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. led the incineration of P9.48-billion worth of illegal drugs at a waste management facility in Capas, Tarlac on Wednesday.

In a short speech, the President said he wanted to personally witness the full process “from the capture of illegal drugs, all the way until the destruction.”

“Pumunta tayo rito… dahil nais kong makita kung ano ba talaga ‘yong buong sistema mula sa pagkahuli ng mga droga, tapos sa pag-testing, tapos finally sa pag-destroy sa mga nahuling drugs,” Marcos said.

“Dahil [kailangang] tiyakin natin na ‘yong mga nahuhuling drugs ay talagang sinisira at wala nang pag-asa na bumalik pa, na maibenta pa, na makuha, ire-report.”

The illegal drugs destroyed include the P8.8-billion worth of “floating shabu” found by fisherfolk in various coastal towns in Luzon as well as other dangerous drugs, such as marijuana, ecstasy, and cocaine seized by law enforcers.

The President was accompanied by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Sec. Jonvic Remulla, Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Dir. Gen. Isagani Nerez, Dangerous Drugs Board Chairperson Oscar Valenzuela, and other officials from the Department of Justice (DDB) and the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG).

UP FOR DESTRUCTION. President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. witnesses the incineration process of over P9-billion seized illegal drugs and other dangerous drugs at a waste management facility in Capas, Tarlac on Wednesday (June 25, 2025). The entire destruction process lasts for at least 24 hours, with the incinerator’s temperature reaching 700 degrees Celsius for 10 hours and followed by a 12-hour cooling process to ensure complete disintegration. (Photo courtesy: PCO)

The entire destruction process lasts for at least 24 hours, with the incinerator’s temperature reaching 700 degrees Celsius for 10 hours and followed by a 12-hour cooling process to ensure complete disintegration.

“So, after nainit ng 700 degrees Celsius… it will not be shabu anymore, it will not be marijuana anymore, it will not be any drug anymore. Hindi na talaga—sirang-sira na ito,” Marcos said.

“Kapag may nakita na may traces pa, ay ibabalik nila. Uulitin na lang nila para talagang sirang-sira.”

Marcos previously stressed the importance of transparency in the government’s “bloodless” approach on the war on drugs and to ensure that these illegal drugs won’t go back to the black market.

“So, I’m glad that the press is here para makita ninyo kung ano ba talaga ang sistema. I am also happy that I was able to get the opportunity na makapunta rito para makita ko rin ang buong sistema from the capture, all the way until its destruction,” the President pointed out.

-jpv

Popular

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...