PCOO Secretary Andanar initiates relief efforts for Normin, Caraga media workers

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Cabinet Officer for Regional Development and Security for Region 10 (CORDS X) and Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar has extended aid to media workers in the regions of Northern Mindanao and Caraga.

Personnel from the Philippine Information Agency Region 10 (PIA 10) on Wednesday facilitated the delivery of half of the intended 1,000 packs of rice to Butuan City, while the remaining 500 packs are allocated for Region 10.

“At this time of health emergency due to the COVID-19 disease, we recognize the need to extend a helping hand to our fellowmen and give assistance in any way we can,” Secretary Andanar said.

In his statement, Secretary Andanar said that the efforts of frontline media workers in delivering timely and accurate information to the public at this time of crisis is well-recognized, as they also suffer from the impact of COVID-19 in the country.

“We also recognize the invaluable service of all media members in this concerted fight against the COVID-19 disease,” he said.

“They are frontliners who are working hard to keep the public informed and updated, at a time where reliable and vetted information is much needed in order to allay the fears and concerns of the people. We pray for the continued safety and well-being of our fellow media,” he added.

The PCOO chief also reminded the public to remain indoors in order to stay safe and as their display of appreciation for the efforts of frontline workers in battling the pandemic.

“May we all continue to show compassion to those in need and appreciation for those in the frontlines. By staying home and keeping safe, everybody’s efforts will not be in vain,” he urged.

Secretary Andanar is the head of the Laging Handa communications crisis center, which currently provides COVID-19 related updates, news, and information. He likewise hosts the Laging Handa Network Briefing, Laging Handa Public Briefing. He also has special COVID-19 coverage programs on Cabinet Report, Mediaman’s Mancave Podcast and on PTV’s Alerto.

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...