PCOO seeks KBP’s help in promoting gov’t programs

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora/PNA

MANILA –Communications Secretary Martin Andanar on Thursday solicited the Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas’ (KBP) assistance in disseminating and promoting further the government’s programs, particularly the implementation of the national identification system.

 

The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) will start the registration of one million individuals under the Unconditional Cash Transfer (UCT) in March 2019.

Andanar made the appeal during a short remarks at the KBP’s Top Level Management Conference in Marriott Hotel, where KBP regional chapters were awarded.

On behalf of President Rodrigo Duterte, he thanked and recognized the organization as the “bastion of objectivity” in the Philippines.

At the same time, he distributed copies of the Handbook on Personal Security Measures for Media Practitioners, which was published by the Presidential Task Force on Media Security.

Andanar stressed that the Presidential Communications Operations Office is active on pursuing safer environment for broadcasters and journalists.

“I’m proud to say that for the last two years, there had been improvements in the country’s environment in terms of the government making sure that our media personnel are safe,” he said.

Andanar attributed this to President Rodrigo Duterte’s “sincere and dedicated approach” to journalists.

“This is because of the President’s sincere and dedicated approach to journalists and his belief na kailangan talaga natin na respetuhin ang (that we need to respect the) freedom of speech at (and) freedom of the press.”

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...