PNP chief commends Cavite buy-bust confiscating P1.6-B worth of shabu

Combined elements from the Philippine National Police (PNP), the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA), the Bureau of Customs (BOC) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) confiscated some P1.656 billion worth of shabu during a buy bust operation in Dasmariñas City, Cavite.

PNP Chief, Police Gen. Guillermo Lorenzo T. Eleazar lauded the personnel of the law enforcement agencies involved, saying the operation prevented the illegal drugs from being used especially by the youth.

“Muling nagbunga ang maayos na koordinasyon ng ating intelligence and law enforcement agencies matapos makakumpiska ulit tayo ng mahigit P1.6 billion na halaga ng shabu sa isang operasyon sa Dasmariñas, Cavite,” Eleazar said.

“I commend all the PNP personnel who took part in this operation as we take this as another motivation to work further in ensuring the safety of our kababayan, especially our youth, against the threat of illegal drugs,” he added.

The operation, conducted in a parking lot of in Barangay Salitran 2 along Aguinaldo Highway, also resulted to the arrest of Wilfredo Blanco and Megan Lemon Pedroro. Both are residents of Montalban, Rizal.

Seized were 240 kilos and the van reportedly being used by the suspects in the transportation of the illegal drugs.

The operation in Dasmariñas City was part of the series of anti-drug operations that started with the confiscation of some P3.4 billion worth of shabu in Zambales and more than P1 billion worth more of shabu in the follow-up operations in Bataan and Cavite.

The three separate operations last month were based on the coordination among the PNP, BOC, NICA and the AFP with the PDEA as the lead agency.

“Hindi pa tapos ang laban sa iligal na droga subalit makakaasa ang ating mga kababayan na matindi na ang epekto ng ating mga operasyon sa mga sindikatong ito at lalo pa nating palalakasin ang ating kampanya upang tuluyang wakasan ang problemang ito,” the PNP chief said. (PNP-PIO) – bny

Popular

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...