PNP ready to catch on e-sabong violators

By Myris Lee

Philippine National Police (PNP) Spokesperson Col. Jean Fajardo said they are coordinating with Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) after President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the immediate end of online cockfighting operations or e-sabong.

In the May 3 Laging Handa briefing, Fajardo said they are still waiting for the official command on when they are going to inspect and monitor e-sabong betting stations to avoid conflicts in the implementation of the President’s directive.

“We will be coordinating with the PAGCOR since sila po iyong regulating agency pertaining to the operation po ng e-sabong. We will wait for the official communication kung paano po ba natin isasagawa iyong, ‘ika nga, pag-i-inspect at pagmo-monitor kung mayroon pa pong existing na mga e-sabong operation,” she said.

Fajardo also reported that the police personnel involved in online cockfighting operations were either dismissed, suspended, or undergoing summary hearing proceedings.

She added that a case was already filed to the police personnel involved in the kidnapping of e-sabong operators in San Pablo Laguna last year.

The unnamed staff was said to be a relative of the missing sabong operator.

“Iyong mga kinasuhang pulis po natin na mga na-involve po sa e-sabong ay may walo na po tayong nakasuhan,” she said

“Iyong mga pulis naman na na-involve po doon sa isang kaso ng mga nawawalang sabungero particularly diyan sa San Pablo, Laguna ay nakapagsampa na po tayo ng kaso sa mga pulis na na-identify po ng mga kaanak noong mga panahon na dinukot po iyong isang master agent sa Laguna, sometime August of 2021,” she added. – ag

 

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...