PNP to recruit 2K add’l SAF men

MANILA — The Philippine National Police (PNP) is planning to recruit an additional 2,000 Special Action Force (SAF) members for their operations against communist rebels and other lawless elements.

This was stressed by PNP Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa in a Radyo Pilipinas report Tuesday.

Recruitment of these additional SAF members are also in line with President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to strengthen the elite police unit which specializes in urban or city fighting.

Dela Rosa said the additional 2,000 SAF members was equivalent to five military battalions and could be utilized in countering rebel and communist threats.

Also, the PNP chief said the SAF had proven its fighting ability during the five-month campaign to liberate Marawi City from the Maute Group terrorists last year. (Priam Nepomuceno/PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...