PNP starts security ops plan for Marcos Jr’s 1st SONA

Eleven days before the first State of the Nation Address (SONA) of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr. on July 25 at the Batasang Pambansa, the Philippine National Police (PNP) is gearing up to ensure peace and order during the event.

As part of the PNP’s preparation initiatives, police forces have established a security task force group that will be deployed in various areas.

The PNP also coordinated with other government agencies to address the traffic situation and security of the Head of State and the event as a whole.

A total of 15,000 PNP personnel will be deployed on the day of the event.

Meanwhile, a gun ban will be imposed in the National Capital Region from July 22 until July 27.

The PNP said it will not hinder protesters who want to stage rallies during the address, but asked rallyists to gather only in designated freedom parks, including the Quezon Memorial Circle. 

“Pero sabi ko nga, as long as hindi po makakaabala ng trapiko, hindi po mananakit ng tao at saka wala pong sisirain na nag properties, eh siguro mas makabubuti po kung doon na lang sila sa freedom park,” PNP officer-in-charge LtGen. Vicente Danao said.

“We will prevent them from going nearer po ano, para hindi madisrupt ‘yung ating SONA on that day,” he added.

Aside from PNP efforts, the Presidential Security Group had already conducted an inter-agency meeting last July 11. – Report form Patrick de Jesus/KC-ag

Popular

NMC backs DND over infra works, dev’t in West PH Sea features

By Brian Campued The National Maritime Council (NMC) on Saturday expressed support for the Department of National Defense (DND) for its rejection of recent statements...

Filipino astrophysics students’ ‘Double Gyroscope’ experiment performed by NASA astronaut in space

By Brian Campued An experiment designed by Filipino students was recently carried out by a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) astronaut aboard the International...

Can an arrest warrant be served to a suspect’s lawyer? NBI says no

By Brian Campued A warrant of arrest cannot be served to a suspect’s legal counsel, according to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). In a press...

Palace declares May 27 regular holiday for Eid al-Adha

By Brian Campued Malacañang has declared May 27, 2026 a regular holiday in observance of Eid al-Adha or the “Feast of Sacrifice” in Islam. The announcement...