PSG, security forces gear up for Marcos’ SONA

Five days before the first State of the Nation Address of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., the Presidential Security Group (PSG) and other security forces are on their final stages of gearing up for the historical event.

PSG Commander Ramon Zagala said it is their goal to ensure the safety of the Marcos Jr. and the participants of the event.

“These preparations [have been] planned since last week and we at PSG, we are prepared in coordination with the Philippine National Police so that everything will run [smoothly], from the time he arrives, he delivers his SONA, until he returns to the Malacañang Palace,” Zagala said.

Zagala said the PSG is continuously coordinating with the Philippine National Police, Armed Forces of the Philippines, and other government agencies for the security of the state address.

Moreover, the PNP said it will implement a six-day gun ban from July 22 to 27 as a security measure for the event. —Report from Mela Lesmoras/KC – gb 

READ MORE: PNP implements gun ban for Marcos’ 1st SONA

Popular

Filipino astrophysics students’ ‘Double Gyroscope’ experiment performed by NASA astronaut in space

By Brian Campued An experiment designed by Filipino students was recently carried out by a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) astronaut aboard the International...

Can an arrest warrant be served to a suspect’s lawyer? NBI says no

By Brian Campued A warrant of arrest cannot be served to a suspect’s legal counsel, according to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). In a press...

Palace declares May 27 regular holiday for Eid al-Adha

By Brian Campued Malacañang has declared May 27, 2026 a regular holiday in observance of Eid al-Adha or the “Feast of Sacrifice” in Islam. The announcement...

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...