Revilla won’t present evidence on PDAF cases

MANILA — Former Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. said on Wednesday he would not present evidence on cases he is facing over his alleged misuse of his Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF).

Former Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla, Jr. (File photo)

“Hindi ako maghahain ng ebidensya (I won’t file evidence) vs. PDAF cases,” Revilla told the Sandiganbayan.

The former senator is optimistic the anti-graft court would stop the trial of his cases involving his PDAF, also dubbed as “pork barrel”.

In his seven-page motion filed before the anti-graft court, Revilla admitted that his camp deliberately did not prepare evidence against the plunder case because they believe the Sandiganbayan would dismiss the case.

The former senator argued it would negate the petition they had filed before the Supreme Court (SC) if his camp would file evidence before the anti-graft court.

In his petition pending before the SC, Revilla cited his opposition to the decision of the Sandiganbayan to prohibit him from filing a “demurrer to evidence”, to question the evidence of the Office of the Ombudsman against him.

The former senator also argued that his endorsement for the projects of the so-called “pork barrel queen”, Janet Lim Napoles, was not an “act of plunder”.

Napoles is the alleged “brains” behind the PHP10-billion pork barrel and the PHP900-million Malampaya fund scams. (Perfecto Raymundo, Jr./PNA)

Popular

PBBM, U.S. official tackle Luzon economic corridor, investments

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. met with the United States (US) Undersecretary of State for Economic Growth,...

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...