SAF clearing ops at NBP yield drugs, cash, gadgets

MANILA — Members of the Philippine National Police Special Action Force (PNP-SAF) on Friday conducted another clearing operation at the medium security compound of the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa City, yielding illegal drugs, cash, and several electronic gadgets and appliances.

In a statement, the PNP-SAF Public Information Office said a total of 54 sachets of shabu, marijuana, cash amounting to PHP81,453, along with electronic gadgets and appliances, bladed and pointed weapons and other contrabands were confiscated during the clearing operations dubbed “Oplan Lightning Strike 2”.

Last month, 300 police commandos from SAF battalions all over the country were deployed to the NBP.

The seized illegal drugs were handed to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) for examination and proper disposition while the confiscated cash were turned over to the NBP cashier.

The other contrabands were confiscated by the SAF New Bilibid Prison Facility Security Provisional Battalion (NBPFSPB) personnel.
Friday’s clearing operation was the second to be conducted by the SAF at the medium security camp.

PNP Director General Ronald dela Rosa has ordered the deployment of one SAF company to guard the facility to address the proliferation of illegal activities at the NBP complex during the turnover of Command of the fourth batch of NBPFSPB personnel last February 6.

It was the fourth time members of the SAF provisional battalion were reshuffled at the national penitentiary since President Rodrigo R. Duterte ordered their deployment a month into his term in office. (PNA)

Popular

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...