SSS offers faster, more convenient online pension loan application for first time borrowers

Social Security System (SSS) President and CEO Michael G. Regino on Wednesday, May 25, announced that retirement pensioners who are first time borrowers under the SSS Pension Loan Program (PLP) may file their applications online starting May 30, 2022 in the My.SSS Portal.

Previously, first time pension loan borrowers needed to visit the nearest SSS branch to file their initial applications since online filing is available only for renewal of loan applications.

“We recognize the challenges faced by our retirement pensioners in going to SSS branch to avail of the Pension Loan Program. With the pandemic still around, pensioners prefer to have their transactions done online in their respective homes. This online facility makes it easier for them to avail of said program as it also guarantees a faster approval process,” Regino explains.

Regino also urges retirement pensioners to take advantage of this low-interest loan offering from the SSS. He ensures that SSS will not require them to surrender their ATM cards as pawn collateral, unlike some private loan institutions.

The PLP was launched to assist retirement pensioners in their short-term financial needs by offering a loan at a low-interest rate of 10% per annum. Qualified retirement pensioners can apply for a loan equivalent to 3, 6, 9, or 12 times of their basic monthly pension plus the ₱1,000.00 additional benefit, but not exceeding the maximum amount of ₱200,000.00. (PR) – gb

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...