More Taiwanese firms keen on expanding in PH

MANILA — More Taiwanese firms in the Philippines are keen on expanding their operations, following the launch of Taiwan’s new policy meant to strengthen its trade and economic ties with members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).

Gary Song-Huann Lin, Representative of Taiwan to the Philippines, said Taiwan’s New Kinpo Electronics Co. has already invested three huge factories here, employing more than 7,500 workers.

“Its fourth new plant is scheduled to open probably before the end of this year,” he bared during the 106th national day reception of the Republic of China (Taiwan) Monday night.

Lin said Taiwan has already established seven banks in Metro Manila, while Seven Eleven Group has expanded its branch stores to over 1,200.

He added many Taiwanese delegations so far have also visited the Philippines.

“We have seen a steady growth of Taiwanese investments and activities in the Philippines,” he noted.

Lin stressed that Taiwan’s New Southbound Policy (NSP), which was launched last year, has contributed to regional development and forged closer socioeconomic and people-to-people exchanges with the ASEAN members, as well as South Asian countries, and Australia and New Zealand

“The NSP is conducive to building closer regional linkages and a sense of economic community between Taiwan and the countries of Asia-Pacific region,” he said.

Aside from investments, Lin further said the NSP has resulted in a steady growth of bilateral partnership, resource sharing, talent cultivation, training on jobs, exchange of visits, and set up of various meetings and seminars. (PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...