Task Force Yolanda, NHA turn over 1,168 housing units in Capiz – Nograles

Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles led the turn over ceremony of completed housing units to beneficiaries in Pontevedra, Capiz last Tuesday, February 23, 2021 in coordination with Task Force Yolanda, the National Housing Authority and LGU officials.

The distribution, the 22nd virtual turnover of housing units, was made under the Yolanda Permanent Housing Project. Nograles heads the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Unified Implementation and Monitoring of Rehabilitation and Recovery Projects and Programs in Yolanda-affected Areas.

Two locations, at Pontevedra Ville Site 1 and Pontevedra Ville Site 2 in Brgy. Rizal, received 718 and 450 units, respectively.

“Our virtual turnover is significant because we are celebrating Public Administration Week as provided by Proclamation No. 82. We give due recognition to the selfless and tireless efforts of our public servants and government bureaucrats both at the local and national level,” the Cab Sec said.

The distribution of the free housing units, Nograles further stressed, “was due to the proper coordination between the National Housing Authority and local officials. He thanked NHA General Manager Marcelino Escalada, Regional Manager Engr. Antonio Del Rosario, Pontevedra Mayor Esteban Contreras, Vice Mayor Fermin Oquendo and other municipal officials for their efforts at expediting the construction and ensuring the immediate turnover of the houses.

For his part, Mayor Contreras thanked President Duterte, Nograles and the NHA for “making the dreams of decent housing of our constituents come true.”

Nograles made the assurance that they will finish all housing commitments before the President’s term ends in 2022.

“Kailangan natin magtulungan. The President wants Yolanda victims to finally have closure. Their long wait for government assistance is over. The new housing units will hopefully become the foundation of stronger families and communities in Capiz.”

Previously, Task Force Yolanda has already distributed a total of 16,136 free housing units in Western Visayas. In Capiz, in addition to the additional 1,168 units recently turned over in Pontevedra, previous distributions were in Pilar (1,354 units), in Ivisan (672 units) and in Jamindan (535 units).

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...