Three Aussie firms keen on investing in PH

MANILA — Three Australian companies have expressed interest to invest in the Philippines, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said in a statement Wednesday.

DTI said it received three letters of intent (LOIs) from Australian firms to invest some USD40.4 million in the country from the recent visit of DTI Secretary Ramon Lopez last week in Australia for ASEAN-related event.

On the sidelines, Lopez and Foreign Affairs Secretary Allan Peter Cayetano met with Australia-Philippines Business Council (APBC) in Sydney.

The three firms that presented their LOIs to DTI include FPC Funds Management Pty. Ltd, Solid Energy Technologies Pty. Ltd., and R. Lapid for a USD10-million biomass facility.

The construction of the pilot plant is now underway, the DTI said.

A USD30-million project was presented by JBC Ventures for the construction of a hotel condominium in Mactan Island in Cebu.

The third project is the GPS assembly plant of FLEETLOGIC Group of Companies and Shareholders, with initial investment of USD400,000.

The company eyes the factory to be operational by January next year.

Meanwhile, Lopez said it is an opportune time for Australian firms to invest in the country with the country’s robust economic growth, while the government is embarking on reforms to enhance the business environment. (Kris Crismundo/PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...