Zubiri assures fairness on Atio case

Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri assured on Wednesday that the Senate committee report remains ‘extensive, explicit and fair’ to everyone affected by the Atio killing.

According to Zubiri, the perpetrators’ shenanigans and prevarications continued to delay the Senate committees’s plan on concluding the hearings faster than usual.

“We may now hope that the Castillo family will feel that wheels of justice will move in their favour” Zubiri said.

The Senate panel, meanwhile, recommended the Department of Justice (DOJ) to conduct a comprehensive investigation on Aegis Juris fraternity member Marc Anthony Ventura before discharging him from the complaint.

The Joint Committee report drafted by the public order on dangerous drugs and justice and human rights released its findings and recommendations on Wednesday.

Anti-Hazing Law

Last year, Zubiri urged on his fellow senators and colleagues at the House of Representatives to pass the amendments of the Anti-Hazing Law, saying that Castillo’s death must be the last one to happen.

“I appeal to all my colleagues at the House of Representatives and the Senate, let us pass the amendments of the Anti-Hazing Law so that we put closure to all these deaths and make no other child from our families suffer the same fate,” Zubiri said.

“We should make this the last death, and we should not let his death go in vain,” he added. (Camille de Guzman – PTV)

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...