249-K doses of Moderna arrive in PH

By Pearl Gumapos

The first batch of government- and private-sector-procured Moderna vaccines arrived in the Philippines late last night (June 27) at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3.

The shipment consists of 249,600 doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.

Vaccine czar Sec. Carlito G. Galvez Jr. was there to welcome the arrival of the vaccines, accompanied by International Container Terminal Services, Inc. Executive Vice President Christian Martin Gonzalez, U.S. Embassy in the Philippines Economic Counselor David Gamble Jr., officials of Zuellig Pharma, and Department of Health Undersecretary Carol Tanio.

According to the National Task Force Against COVID-19 (NTF), 150,000 doses will be reserved for the government and the remaining 99,600 are for the private sector.

Galvez said the Philippines signed earlier this year a tripartite agreement with U.S. drug firm Moderna to secure 20 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccines which the Philippines will receive this year.

Pursuant to the agreement, the Philippine government shall secure 13 million doses while the private sector will procure 7 million doses.

The Philippines has five COVID-19 vaccines brands in its supply inventory: CoronaVac from China’s SinoVac, AstraZeneca from the UK, Sputnik V from Russia’s Gamaleya, Pfizer from the United States, and Moderna also from the US. – jlo

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...