Senators alarmed on number of persons in public places amid shift to MECQ

Senators are alarmed with the increase in number of individuals out in the open amid the shift from enhanced community quarantine to modified enhanced community quarantine in the National Capital Region (NCR).

Senator Panfilo Lacson Sr. said the IATF should reconsider its “decision on the opening of malls and other similar establishments, unless strict physical distancing and other protocols are observed.”

Senator Joel Villanueva was also alarmed by reports of “people crowding open establishments” since Saturday, and if the said practice continues, a surge in infection is expected.

“And we worry about the capacity of our healthcare system. We have not done a significant upgrading of our healthcare facilities to warrant the capacity to respond to a surge of infection,” Villanueva added.

Meanwhile, Senator Christopher Go asked the public not to be complacent and to keep abiding by protocols due to the threat of the second wave which will prolong the ongoing crisis. – Report from Eunice Samonte

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...