Navotas City to be placed under lockdown

The entire City of Navotas will be placed under lockdown starting July 16 amid recorded increase in the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases.

Mayor Toby Tiangco said this will last for 14 days and is set to end on July 29 as their community isolation areas have hit full capacity.

“Noong Friday and Saturday, iyon ‘yung highest cases namin 74 and 75 cases noong Friday and Saturday. So parang times 3, ‘di ba? Sa 74 at 75, napuno po ‘yung community isolation facility namin na 200 beds (We recorded our highest cases last Friday and Saturday at 74 and 75. It seems to have tripled. Due to the 74 and 75 [cases], our community isolation facility became full),” Tiangco disclosed.

Residents working outside the city will be allowed to go out, and outsiders working in the city may enter. Some establishments will remain open but take-out is encouraged for restaurants. Delivery of food and other goods will also be permitted. Randomized RT-PCR testing will also be conducted in barangays with reported spike in the number of COVID-19 cases. The police are now preparing for additional enforcement personnel to ensure that there will be no violations of health protocols.

“Sa tingin ko nag-relax iyong mga magulang. Kulang sa disiplina, pinayagan lumabas ang anak. Siguro kailangan maibalik iyong pag-iisip ng consciousness sa virus, and isa sa paraan doon is iyong pag-lockdown (I think parents have relaxed. There is lack of discipline, children were allowed to go out. The consciousness on the virus must be restored and one way is through lockdown),” Tiangco said. – Report from Naomi Tiburcio 

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...