Nearly 2,000 jeepneys resume operations

After several months of suspended public transportation, almost 2,000 traditional public utility jeepneys (PUJs) on Wednesday have returned to the roads. 

The said jeepneys are now plying 17 routes in Metro Manila, including those plying Tandang Sora to Quezon City Hall via Visayas Avenue. The terminal management said 100 of its more than 200 PUJs were allowed by the LTFRB.

Of the total allowed units, only one jeepney got the go signal to travel on Wednesday morning for following health protocols. Others followed later in the day. Protocols include installing plastic barriers and displaying of QR code downloaded from the LTFRB website. 

The terminal assured it observes social distancing, temperature checking, and providing alcohol to its passengers. The minimum fare is still the usual rate of Php 9.00. 

The LTFRB said PUJs that will not adhere to its conditions may face cancellation or suspension of Certificate of Public Convenience or Provisional Authority. – Report from Allan Francisco

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...