Pasay City General Hospital utilization rate improves

The occupancy rate of Pasay City General Hospital (PCGH), which reached 100% in late March amid the surge of COVID-19 cases, has now improved to 59%.

According to the hospital, its situation in terms of capacity has returned to normal, or under safe risk classification.

“Slowly, it started siguro mga second week, third week ng April. Slowly, it went down,” PCGH officer-in-charge Dr. John de Gracia reported. 

“Until now we’re still under MECQ [modified enhanced community quarantine]… Malaking tulong ‘yon because it slowed down the transmission rate,” he added. 

The hospital currently has two vacant intensive care unit (ICU) beds for COVID-19 patients with severe to critical symptoms, and 11 regular beds for patients exhibiting mild to moderate symptoms. 

Patients residing outside Pasay without emergency medical concerns can also be accommodated. 

“Sa akin, this one, itong MECQ…with regard to healthcare, I think this is okay kasi nakikita naman natin talaga ‘yung magandang effect niya,” the doctor said.

The Department of Health (DOH) reported that the utilization rate of hospitals has improved from the situation prior to the implementation of enhanced community quarantine in March. 

The nationwide utilization rate of ICU beds is at 64% as of May 6, lower than the 68% record in mid-April. As for isolation beds, the numbers went down from 50% to 44%.

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III previously said it is too early to ease quarantine restrictions in the Greater Manila Area, adding that new cases should first continue to drop. – Report from Louisa Erispe/AG-jlo

Watch this report from Louisa Erispe:

Popular

No need for PBBM to monitor ICC proceedings vs. FPRRD

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency There is no need for President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to monitor the International Criminal Court’s (ICC)...

Binondo drum murder ‘mastermind’ a Chinese nat’l —Taiwan office in PH

By Brian Campued The alleged mastermind in the so-called Binondo drum murder is a Chinese national, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines...

Public warned vs. ash fall as Kanlaon erupts anew

By Brian Campued Authorities advised residents in Negros Oriental and Negros Occidental to be cautious of possible ashfall emitted by Kanlaon Volcano after it erupted...

PBBM focused on governance, no plans yet for 2028 polls —Palace

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. remains unfazed amid Vice President Sara Duterte’s announcement to run for president in 2028, Malacañang said, noting...