PRRD ‘against’ daughter’s presidential bid

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday night (July 12) reiterated his stand that he does not want Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte to run in the 2022 presidential elections.

Duterte said on his weekly public address that his daughter would just run “maybe some other time” to spare her from the current state of politics in the country.

“My stand is I am against really the candidacy of my daughter. I want her spared from the vagaries of politics dito sa Pilipinas, lalo na itong personalities around in the likes of Trillanes, si De Lima, walang ginawa kung hindi mang-atake ng kapwa tao nila,” Duterte said.

“Kung gusto ko, itabi ko na lang muna ang anak ko, maybe some other time. Not at this time when Philippine politics is crowded with people in the likes of Trillanes, tapos ‘yung si De Lima,” he added.

The incumbent Davao City mayor said last week that she is open to the upcoming 2022 presidential elections. Her father, however, said she is just “open [and] that’s all there is to it.”

“Run at some other time. Huwag ngayon kasi wala kang maano rito, mabastos ka lang,” Duterte said, adding that he does not want this to happen to the younger Duterte.

“They can never be satisfied. They can no longer be appeased by anything, except that they are hungry also for power. Mabuti’t matikman nila para makita naman natin kung paano sila mag-perform,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Chief Executive has not yet fully crossed out the idea of running for the vice presidency.

‘Yung vice president ko, pantakot lang sa kanila ‘yan. But sabi ko, let us see. If it’s good for the country, I will do it. If it does not contribute anything to our republic, huwag na lang,” he said. – jlo

Popular

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...