Comelec opens bidding for lease of 10K vote counting machines

By Ferdinand Patinio / Philippine News Agency

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) is now accepting bidders for the second bidding for the contract to lease additional OMR (optical mark reader) machines or vote counting machines (VCMs) to be used in the May 2022 polls.

In an invitation to bid released on Thursday, the poll body said the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) is at PHP864,024,067 for the lease of the OMR/OPSCAN precinct counter with SD (secure digital) cards for next year’s elections.

The poll body said the sale and issuance of bidding documents started on October 9.

Interested bidders may visit the Special Bids and Awards (SBAC) Secretariat Office located at 305-A 3/F Annex Building, Far East Managers and Investors Incorporated (FEMII) Building, A. Soriano Avenue, Intramuros, Manila from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays to Fridays.

The price of bid documents is at PHP75,000.

The pre-bid conference will be on October 22 at 10 a.m. while the deadline for submission of bids is on November 8 at 8 a.m.

The opening of bids is scheduled on November 8 at 10 a.m., which will be online via Microsoft Teams.

Last month, the SBAC declared failure of bidding for the acquisition of additional OMR machines after its lone bidder, SMMT-TIM Inc. did not submit its bid. (PNA)-rir

Popular

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...