Official list of candidates won’t be ready by Dec. 15

By Ferdinand Patinio / Philippine News Agency

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) will need more time before it can release the list of official candidates for the May 9, 2022 national and local elections.

Comelec Spokesperson James Jimenez said the poll body will be needing a couple of weeks more before they can come up with the list. It was previously announced that Comelec may come out with the final lineup on Dec. 15.

“We expect that the process of finalizing the list of candidates will take at least two more weeks,” he said in a statement. “The list of official candidates will not be released [on Dec. 15] as there are still a number of unresolved nuisance cases.”

After completing the list of the official candidates, the Comelec will next prepare for the printing of ballots.

The campaign period will start next year — Feb. 8 for national candidates and March 25 for local bets. The last day will be on May 7.

Overseas voting will run from April 10 until the actual election day. (PNA) – jlo

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...