Gov’t to develop ‘new normal’ roadmap against COVID-19 pandemic

By Lade Jean Kabagani | Philippine News Agency

MANILA – Presidential adviser on COVID-19 response, Vince Dizon, said the government mulls the development of a strategic roadmap to the new normal so that the country can start “beating” the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.

During the Talk to the People of President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday (Feb. 7) night, Dizon said they are now discussing with key officials of the National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19, including NTF chief Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr., Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año, and NTF chairperson Delfin Lorenzana, about the crafting of the new normal roadmap, a way forward to dealing with the dreaded virus, and finally exit to the pandemic.

Dizon said the NTF targets to lessen the active cases to pre-Omicron levels of recording less than 1,000 infections daily for this month.

“We strive to bring down cases, especially within this month. While we are doing that, we will also start to develop and mapping out a road to the new normal,” he said.

As the government targets to reduce the number of Covid-19active cases in the country, Dizon said they will also continue to ramp up the massive vaccination drive across the country.

“We really see, based on the data, that vaccination is our really the ultimate solution to turn the page and close hopefully soon the chapter

So far, he said, more than 60 million Filipinos are now fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Dizon said the government targets to provide complete doses to at least 90 million Filipinos by the end of Duterte’s term in June this year.

“We will continue to pursue innovative ways to bring the vaccines closer to the Filipinos,” he said, adding that more pharmacies nationwide will start participating in the government’s ‘Resbakuna sa Botika’ vaccination drive.

The government will also open vaccination soon in various clinics, schools, and other private establishments, he added.

The COVID-19 vaccination program is now being expanded to a much younger segment of the country’s population. (PNA) – bny

 

Popular

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...