Peaceful opening of classes in Western Visayas

ILOILO CITY – – An official of the Police Regional Office 6 said on Monday that there was a smooth opening of classes in schools in Western Visayas.

So far, PRO 6 spokesperson Supt. Joem Malong said they have not monitored major incidents during the opening of classes.

A police assistance desk (PAD) was established in various schools to ensure the safety of students, teachers and parents.

Along with the PAD, uniform personnel also distributed safety tips flyers, especially to the students. Police officers also gave tips on how to be safe inside and outside school campus.

PRO 6 has deployed around 1,178 police personnel to help secure the opening of classes.

The deployment was part of the PRO 6 preparation under the “Oplan Ligtas Balik Eskwela”, an annual security plan to monitor the peace and order situation during the opening of classes.

Last week, outgoing PRO 6 director Cesar Hawthorne Binag ordered that uniformed personnel should be very visible in schools. He also ordered his men to coordinate with school officials so they would know the kind of assistance that they would provide. (Perla Lena with Isaiah Junio and John Michael Ramos/PNA)

Popular

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...