Ambassador Villa comes home Wednesday

Philippine Ambassador to Kuwait Renato Villa (File Photo)

MANILA — Ambassador Renato Villa is coming home Wednesday, May 2, following the request of the Kuwait government to recall him over rescue operations of distressed Filipinos in the Arab state.

A source said a number of foreign ambassadors had bid him farewell and accompanied him at the airport before his departure at the Kuwait International Airport.

The Filipino community in Kuwait had also honored him, the source added.

The envoy left Kuwait at 7 a.m. (Kuwait time) and is expected to arrive at around 10:30 p.m. in Manila.

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has yet to announce its designated charge d’affaires for the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait.

On Wednesday last week, the DFA described as “deeply disturbing” the Kuwait government’s decision to declare Villa as persona non grata. (PNA)

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...