Daraga mayor, 8 others placed on BI watchlist

By Benjamin Pulta/PNA

MANILA — Nine persons implicated in the killing of Ako Bicol party-list Representative Rodel Batocabe, have been included on the watchlist of the Bureau of Immigration, the Department of Justice (DOJ) confirmed Tuesday.

In a message to reporters, DOJ Undersecretary and Spokesman Markk Perete said covered by the Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order (ILBO) were Daraga, Albay Mayor Carlwyn Baldo; Emmanuel Rosillo; Jaywin Babor; Danilo Muella; Henry Yuson; Gilbert Concepcion; Agaton Concepcion; Christopher Cabrera Naval; and Emmanuel Judavar.

Baldo was tagged as the mastermind in the killing of the lawmaker and his security escort, SPO2 Orlando Diaz.

Judavar, a former military man who used to be an employee of Baldo, provided a lead to Naval and Rosello – who yielded the motorcycles used as getaway vehicles after the assassination.

Batocabe and Diaz were gunned down in Barangay Burgos, Daraga, Albay, on December 22, 2018. Batocabe was running against Baldo as mayor of the town in May’s elections.

Last week, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief, Director General Oscar Albayalde, announced that the two were killed by a private armed group employed by Baldo that is involved in contract killing as a gun-for-hire syndicate.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...