Davao court hands down travel ban vs KAPA execs

By Benjamin Pulta/Philippine News Agency

MANILA — A Davao court has issued a travel ban against Kapa founder and president Pastor Joel Apolinario and seven other officials of the investment firm, the Department of Justice (DoJ) said on Monday.

“A court has granted DoJ prosecutors’ application for precautionary hold departure order against KAPA officials,” DoJ spokesman Markk Perete said in a message to newsmen.

Perete said the Davao Regional Trial Court Branch 16 handed down the PHDO against KAPA Community Ministry International officials.

Under rules approved by the SC last August, a PHDO may be handed down by a court against persons even ahead of the actual filing of criminal charges if the offenses carry a penalty of in excess of six years and one day.

Prosecutors earlier subpoenaed KAPA officials to answer the criminal complaint filed against them for an alleged large-scale investment scam.

Investigating panel chaired by Assistant State Prosecutor Gilmarie Fe Pacamarra ordered Apolinario, trustee Margie Danao, corporate secretary Reyna Apolinario and officers Marisol Diaz, Adelfa Fernandico, Moises Mopia, Catherine Evangelista and Rene Catubigan to appear before the DOJ and answer the charges of violation of Republic Act 8799 (Securities Regulation Code or SRC) filed against them by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) last month.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...