Dela Rosa leads rites deploying new SAF team to NBP

MANILA — Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa on Tuesday formally led the ceremony where the Special Action Force battalion, tasked to secure the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) and its high-profile drug inmates, was formally relieved by another SAF unit Tuesday.

In a Radyo Pilipinas report, Dela Rosa assured the public that members of the relieving SAF battalion had no previous duty on the NBP in Muntinlupa.

This was done to prevent familiarization with the high-profile inmates there, he added.

Dela Rosa said the relieving SAF team was headed by Chief Inspector Christopher Mendoza who had gained much experience in the five-month battle to liberate Marawi City from the Maute Group terrorists.

A SAF battalion is usually relieved from NBP duty every four months. But in this case, SAF head Director Noli Taliño said the previous contingent needed to be replaced as it had been on NBP duty for the last six months. (PNA)

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...