Q1 quake drill set on Feb. 15: NDRRMC

MANILA — In line with government efforts to create more disaster resilient communities, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) announced that it would be conducting its 1st Quarter Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill (NSED 2018) on February 15.

Ricardo Jalad, NDRRMC executive director, said the ceremonial venue would be at the Quezon City Memorial Circle, Quezon City at 2 p.m. He added that the Regional DRRM Councils would be helping them in this initiative while the Office of Civil Defense was rolling out the “Bida ang Handa Campaign” for NSED 2018.

“We encourage everyone to join the #BidaAngHanda campaign in support of the 1st Quarter NSED. The NDRRMC conducts this nationwide earthquake drill quarterly, as one of its initiatives to promote disaster preparedness and community resilience among Filipinos,” Jalad pointed out.

The NDRRMC chief also said the campaign aimed to promote disaster preparedness through public participation to the NSED aside from gathering the maximum number of commitments via social media.

The “Bida Ang Handa” campaign involves government, non-government, private and academic institutions as well as other stakeholders.

The public is invited to post photos or videos in their respective social media accounts that show their preparations for earthquakes and other hazards.

#BidaAngHanda is the official hashtag for this year’s NSED. (PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...