DILG: ECQ aid expected this week

By Patrick de Jesus

Malacañang announced today that the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in NCR+ areas (Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal) will be extended for another week or until April 11.

In line with this, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) said that the funds for the ECQ aid from the national government is expected to be transferred to the local government units this week.

“The Bureau of Treasury promised to download the funds to the LGUs on Monday,” DILG Spokesperson Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya told PTV News in a text message.

“So the earliest they (LGUs) can distribute is on Tuesday or Wednesday,” Malaya added.

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte previously approved ₱22.9 billion worth of Supplemental Amelioration Program (SAP) for 22 million low-income beneficiaries in the NCR Plus bubble. It is up to the LGUs to distribute the aid whether through cash or in-kind.

But with the extension of theECQ, will there be another wave of assistance?

According to Malaya, “As of now, ito na yung ayuda ng national government for the 2 week ECQ (this will be the only assistance of the national government for the 2 week ECQ).”

Meanwhile, the DILG warned against the use of a politician’s image, name, or photo in the distribution of assistance, and they will not tolerate those who will take advantage of it for partisan political purposes for the 2022 national elections.

 

 

Popular

NMC backs DND over infra works, dev’t in West PH Sea features

By Brian Campued The National Maritime Council (NMC) on Saturday expressed support for the Department of National Defense (DND) for its rejection of recent statements...

Filipino astrophysics students’ ‘Double Gyroscope’ experiment performed by NASA astronaut in space

By Brian Campued An experiment designed by Filipino students was recently carried out by a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) astronaut aboard the International...

Can an arrest warrant be served to a suspect’s lawyer? NBI says no

By Brian Campued A warrant of arrest cannot be served to a suspect’s legal counsel, according to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). In a press...

Palace declares May 27 regular holiday for Eid al-Adha

By Brian Campued Malacañang has declared May 27, 2026 a regular holiday in observance of Eid al-Adha or the “Feast of Sacrifice” in Islam. The announcement...