DILG rehires 84 contact tracers in Antique

By Annabel Consuelo Petinglay/Philippine News Agency

San Jose de Buenavista, Antique – The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) will redeploy 84 contact tracers to this province’s 18 municipalities starting August 23 until December 31.

DILG Antique provincial director Cherryl Tacda, in an interview Friday, said the contact tracers were rehired to assist local government units (LGUs) in its effort to curb the spread of COVID-19.

“The province’s allocation was increased to 84 from 64 in the two previous batches due to the detection of the local cases of the Delta variant in Antique,” she said.

Tacda said each contact tracer will be paid a monthly salary of PHP18,875.

With more human resources, LGUs would be able to fast-track their contact tracing, which is very important in preventing the further spread of COVID-19’s more contagious variants.

“The contact tracers are to trace close contacts of the COVID-19 Delta cases up to the second layer and make daily report about their activities ,” she said, adding “they will also help monitor the COVID-19 cases at isolation facilities and conduct information and education campaign among the residents if they have time.”

Antique has 22 detected local cases of the Delta variant based on the report of the Department of Health Western Visayas Center for Health Development (DOH WV CHD).

“Each LGU, from having previously two contact tracers only, will now have an additional one contact tracer,” Tacda added.

However, LGUs where cases of the more infectious variant were detected and those located in the provincial borders will have at least two more contact tracers.

The island village of Caluya will be one of the areas where additional contact tracers will be put on assignment. -rir

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...