HK to allow vaxxed OFWs next week

Filipino workers vaccinated in the Philippines will be allowed entry into Hong Kong (HK) effective next week upon presentation of their Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ)- issued vaccination certificates, Labor Sec. Silvestre Bello III announced on Sunday (Aug. 22).

Bello said the HK government has already agreed to let overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who received COVID vaccines in the country to come and work starting Aug. 30, provided they can present validated COVID vaccine certificates issued by the BOQ.

Some 3,000 OFWs who are awaiting deployment to HK will benefit from this development, Bello said.

OFWs will undergo quarantine in specified hotels, the cost to be shouldered by employers. The HK government is now in the process of coordinating with partner hotels where the OFWs will be quarantined.

Previously, only those vaccinated in HK were allowed entry into HK. OFWs were not granted access because they have different vaccination certificates issued by LGUs.

The BOQ, through coordinated efforts by the Department of Labor and Employment and the Philippine consulate in HK, prepared a draft vaccination certificate bearing the passport details of the OFWs as requested by the HK government.

Pending inclusion of that detail in the yellow card, HK immigration will honor the vaccination certificates issued by the BOQ for incoming OFWs to HK. ### (DOLE) – jlo

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...