Houses damaged in Northern Luzon quake top 30-K

By Priam Nepomuceno | Philippine News Agency

 

MANILA – The number of houses damaged by the magnitude 7 earthquake that rocked Abra and other provinces in Northern Luzon has risen to 30,066, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said on Thursday, Aug. 4.

In its latest situation report, the agency said the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) topped the figure with 24,733 houses, followed by Ilocos Region with 5,331; and Cagayan Valley and the National Capital Region (NCR) with one each.

Some 29,517 houses were “partially damaged” while 549 were “totally damaged.”

The earthquake has so far caused P31.2 million worth of damage to agricultural facilities, equipment, and machinery in the Cordillera.

Meanwhile, the damage to irrigation systems in Ilocos Region and CAR is now estimated at P22.7 million.

Damage to infrastructure was placed at P1.27 billion in Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley, CAR, and NCR.

The death toll stands at 10 along with 410 injured.

The number of affected families was placed at 118,207 which is equivalent to 443,152 persons residing in 1,174 barangays in Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley, and CAR.

Some 28 evacuation centers are currently providing shelter to 884 families or 2,968 individuals. (PNA)

–ag

 

 

Popular

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...