Lapeña lauds 12 district collectors for topping March revenue target

MANILA — Bureau of Customs (BOC) Commissioner Isidro Lapeña commended the 12 district collectors who have exceeded the March collection target during Tuesday’s flag raising ceremony.

The ports that surpassed their revenue collection target last month were Batangas, Limay, Cebu, Davao, Subic, Cagayan de Oro, San Fernando, Clark, Tacloban, Legaspi, Surigao and Aparri.

The BOC Financial Service reported that a total of PHP45.398 billion revenue was collected, exceeding the PHP45.133 billion target for the month of March by PHP265 million.

The March collection surplus contributed to the 0.6 percent increase in the revenue performance of the Bureau.

With this, Lapeña reiterated his directive to all the customs officials and personnel to stop corruption.

“Stopping corruption will remain a priority for the agency,” the BOC chief said.

“We are not just after the target but more so in addressing corruption within the bureau. Even if you hit the target, but you do corrupt practices, you will also be subjected to one strike policy,” he added.

Meanwhile, a certificate of tax refund was given to Petron Corporation with a total value of PHP652,553,660.67. The public awarding of tax credit certificate is part of the continuing transparency campaign of the bureau.

“We will increase government transparency and see to it na walang ibang monkey business along the way,” Lapeña said.

“All that we are doing here are based on the marching order of the President which is stop corruption and increase revenue collection,” he added. (PNA)

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...