NPA rebel nabbed, explosives seized in Maddela, Quirino

CAMP MARCELO A. ADDURU, Tuguegarao City — An alleged member of the New People’s Army (NPA) is now under custody of the authorities here after he was arrested in Maddela, Quirino province on Thursday.

Police Regional Office-2 (PRO-2) regional director, Chief Superintendent Jose Mario M. Espino, identified the arrested suspect as Kevin Bulayo Nilo alias Glen, a resident of Barangay Jose Ancheta in Maddela.

According to Espino, a joint team from the Philippine National Police and Philippine Army  conducted a law enforcement support operation to serve a search warrant on Nilo in his house, which led to the arrest of the suspected NPA member.

Recovered from Nilo, was a .45 caliber pistol, two magazines, assorted explosive devices, laptop  and a cellphone.

Espino said Nilo is a  high profile member of the NPA who was trained in Mindanao and one of the rebels who raided the Maddela Police Station last year.

“This arrest is a result of the cooperation of the whole community and the different law enforcement agencies. It also proves that the terrorists cannot run away from the long arm of the law,”  the police official added.

Nilo is now facing charges of violation of Republic Act 10591, the law against Illegal Possession of Firearms and RA 9516 or the Illegal Possession of Explosives Act. (Simeon Dilan/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...