Town execs want immediate implementation of boundary case decision

LAOAG CITY—Officials of Nueva Era in the second district of Ilocos Norte are urging the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) to cause the immediate implementation of a boundary dispute resolution against neighboring Marcos town.

In a resolution addressed to DILG Officer-in-Charge Catalino Cuy, town Vice Mayor Aldrin Garvida said Friday the Supreme Court finally ruled that the municipality of Nueva Era won against Marcos town in a long-dragging boundary dispute case.

The disputed land covers at least three barangays in Marcos and the DILG is tasked to implement it.

Last year, Nueva Era town filed a resolution before the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Ilocos Norte claiming that the existing barangays of Ferdinand, Elizabeth and some parts of Cacafean in Marcos were part of their municipality.

Following a series of hearings and presentation of pieces of evidence, the Ilocos Norte board unanimously decided that the said villages were indeed part of Nueva Era.

The Supreme Court also favored the local resolution as stated in General Register 169435.

Vice Governor Eugenio Angelo Marcos Barba, for his part, assured that the Nueva Era resolution would be endorsed to concerned officials of the DILG for proper action. (Leilanie Adriano/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...