Pangasinenses receive P2.1-M livelihood aid

LINGAYEN, Pangasinan — Around 459 beneficiaries and one Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) in Pangasinan on Monday received PHP2.1 million loan grant from the provincial government under the livelihood assistance program.

In his speech during the distribution, Governor Amado Espino III urged the beneficiaries to use wisely the loan amount to succeed in their livelihood ventures.

“In this manner, we could help you uplift your economic status,” Espino said.

The second batch of livelihood assistance beneficiaries this year are members of 15 groups named by the Pangasinan Provincial Information Office (PIO). They are: Palakipak 555 Farmers Irrigators’ Association Inc. (Rosales); San Pablo United Farmers’ Cooperative (Binalonan); Camaley Fisherfolks Association (Binmaley); Bogtong Bolo KALIPI Association (Mangatarem); Calomboyan Sur KALIPI Association (Mangatarem); Maravilla St. KALIPI Association (Mangatarem); Centro Toma KALIPI (Bani); Hundred Islands Souvenir Vendors Association (Alaminos City); Luyan Mapandan Farmers’ Association, Inc. (Mapandan); D’ Enforcers Multi-Purpose Cooperative (Urdaneta City); Farmers of Buenlag Bugallon Association, Inc. (Bugallon); Gueset Golden Harvest Farmers’ Association, Inc. (Bugallon; Dalongue IA Credit Cooperative (Sta. Barbara); Capitan Tomas Multi-Purpose Cooperative (Rosales); and Ataynan Farmers Association (Bayambang).

“Meanwhile, the lone MSME beneficiary in the second batch is Naynay’s Pigar Pigar and Tapsilogan (Calasiao),” the PIO said.

Since the program’s launch in 2008, the provincial government had already doled out PHP102.937 million from the province’s coffers, which was released to 54 batches of the LAP beneficiaries.

Launched in October 13, 2008, the program has already benefited 711 groups (associations and cooperatives) with 24,805 members; 78 MSMEs; and 21 groups under the goat production project with 293 members. (Hilda Austria/PNA)

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...