PH logs 3,656 new cases, lowest in over 3 months

By Ma. Teresa Montemayor / Philippine News Agency

The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday (Oct. 20) reported 3,656 new COVID-19 cases, the country’s lowest daily tally in over three months.

The new infections brought the total number of active cases nationwide to 67,061, according to the latest DOH case bulletin.

About 77.9% of these active cases are mild, 6.8% are asymptomatic, 2% are critical, 4.6% are severe, and 8.69% are moderate.

The DOH also said 228 more patients recovered from the disease, bringing the total number of recoveries to 2,627,331.

It said recoveries account for 96.1% of the total case count which has reached 2,735,369 since the start of the pandemic last year.

The DOH also logged five new deaths, bringing the total death toll to 40,977.

According to DOH data on Oct. 18, about 11.6% of 42,296 who were tested turned out positive for COVID-19.

“About 20 duplicates were removed from the total case count, and of these, 16 are recoveries. Also, five cases that were previously tagged as recoveries were reclassified as deaths after final validation,” it added.

All laboratories were operational on Oct. 18 while two laboratories were not able to submit their data to the COVID-19 Document Repository System.

The two non-reporting laboratories contribute, on average, 0.5% of samples tested, and 1.2% of positive individuals based on data in the last 14 days.

To date, 59% of 4,300 intensive care unit beds, 46% of 21,100 isolation beds, 44% of 14,800 ward beds, and 43% of 3,400 ventilators nationwide are utilized by patients with COVID-19.

Meanwhile, 53% of 1,500 intensive care unit beds, 39% of 4,900 isolation beds, 39% of 4,200 ward beds, and 40% of 1,000 ventilators dedicated to patients with COVID-19 are in use in the National Capital Region. (PNA) – jlo

Popular

Palace slams attempt against NegOr contractor, vows to dismantle espionage networks

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Amid consecutive developments arising from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s revelation of ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood control projects in his 4th...

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...