Skipping quarantine protocols punishable by law: DOH

By Ma. Teresa Montemayor / Philippine News Agency

MANILA – Skipping quarantine protocols set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) upon arrival in the country is punishable by law, the Department of Health (DOH) said Thursday (Dec. 30).

The agency’s statement came in response to reports of some travelers from abroad allegedly skipping quarantine protocols which is part of the government’s coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) guidelines and policies.

Below are the current testing and quarantine protocols for international travelers:

(Photo from DOH)

The DOH noted that non-adherence to these rules is a violation of the Republic Act No. 11332 or the Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act of 2018.

The agency also emphasized that it, together with the Bureau of Quarantine, the Department of Tourism, the Department of Interior and Local Government, the Department of Transportation, and the Philippine National Police, shall ensure that violators shall be dealt with in accordance with the law.

“We remind everyone to exert utmost care in participating gatherings and/or organizing gatherings particularly when it will involve individuals who have recent travel or exposure history,” it said.

Since keeping cases low and hospital admissions manageable is a whole-of-society effort, the DOH encouraged the public to report individuals, establishments, or local government units violating quarantine protocols to local authorities to ensure its proper implementation and prevent further transmission of COVID-19. (PNA) -ag

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...