
By Zen Trinidad | Philippine News Agency
The suspect behind the killing of an Australian couple and a Filipino woman at the Lake Hotel in Tagaytay City, Cavite last week voluntarily surrendered to authorities early Wednesday morning.
In a report, PLtCol. Charles Daven Capagcuan, chief of police at the Tagaytay Component City Police Station, identified the suspect as alias “Ronel”, a 33-year-old male residing in Amadeo, Cavite, and a former employee of the said hotel.
The victims were identified as the couple David James Fisk and Lucita Cortez, and Mary Jane Cortez, their Filipina companion.
The suspect surrendered to Mayor Jey Cerrado of Tuy, Batangas, where he hid after committing the crimes. Cerrado turned him over to Tagaytay City Mayor Abraham Tolentino, who then gave him to the police authorities.
During the investigation, it was revealed that the suspect killed the victims as revenge against the hotel management for his termination from employment, Capagcuan said in the report.
The suspect is now under the custody of the Tagaytay Component City Police Station for proper disposition.
PBGen. Paul Kenneth Lucas, Police Regional Office 4A (Calabarzon) director, lauded the Special Investigation Task Group David Fisk under the leadership of PCol. Eleuterio Ricardo Jr. for their dedication and effort in identifying the suspect and ensuring that justice would prevail.