Zambo airport receives 200 new luggage carts

ZAMBOANGA CITY–The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) has purchased 200 new units of luggage carts for the use of the passengers at the Zamboanga International Airport (ZIA).

The purchase came after the request of first district Rep. Celso Lobregat to the CAAP central office and Department of Transportation (DOTr) Sec. Arthur Tugade.

The 200 new units of luggage carts arrived here Monday from Manila, and were received by ZIA Manager Antonio Alfonso, Tourism Regional Director Myra Paz Valderrosa-Abubakar, and Lobregat.

“This is an answered prayer, we have been longing for this and I am glad this request was acted by CAAP. I am thankful to Secretary Tugade for granting this request and also the massive improvements being done at present in our dilapidated airport and runway while awaiting the future transfer of our airport, which is in the process,” Lobregat said.

Alfonso said the 50 units luggage carts, which was borrowed from Cagayan de Oro in time for the Fiesta Pilar and Philippine Councilor League convention last month, will be returned soon.

Cagayan de Oro temporarily provided the luggage carts through the request of Lobregat and Alfonso as an immediate remedy in resolving the shortage of carts at the local airport.

Abubakar said the arrival of the new luggage carts would in some way help in the tourism aspect of this city, adding it will provide comfort to arriving tourists since they will no longer carry their luggage. (Teofilo Garcia, Jr/PNA)

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...