BOL plebiscite proof of PRRD’s commitment on signed pacts: OPAPP

By Earl Jed Roque/PNA

MANILA — Presidential Peace Adviser Carlito Galvez Jr. said Tuesday the conduct of the Bangsamoro Organic Law (BOL) plebiscite is proof that President Rodrigo R. Duterte’s administration is committed to implement “signed agreements” with the Moro people.

“Ultimately, we all aspire for a peaceful Mindanao. The conduct of the plebiscite is also a manifestation that the government, under the Duterte administration, is sincere in implementing all its signed agreements with the Moro fronts,” Galvez said in a statement.

Galvez said that the President campaigned hard for the BOL’s ratification and called on everyone to respect the outcome of the polls.

“Now that the people have spoken, we should respect the outcome of the plebiscite. It is now time for us to mend the broken relationships as a result of the division created during the campaign period. We campaign, we accept the result, and we move on. That is how democracy works,” he said.

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) will begin on Wednesday the canvassing of votes in the areas where the plebiscite was held on Monday.

The BOL, previously known as the Bangsamoro Basic Law and considered as one of Duterte’s biggest legislative achievements, seeks to give the Moro people basic legal tools to chart their own destiny within the country’s Constitutional framework.

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...