Quezon City eyes ending contract with Zuellig after tech issues

The Quezon City government on Wednesday (June 16) said it is “seriously considering” terminating its contract with Zuellig Pharma Corporation after its vaccine registration platform experienced technical difficulties.

Zuellig’s eZConsult service experienced heavy traffic on Monday due to the high volume of vaccine registrants, which prevented residents from signing up for COVID-19 vaccination.

“We have issued an ultimatum to Zuellig to upgrade their system and provide all the deliverables by this Friday, June 18, as agreed in a meeting held last week. If not, we have no other choice but to contract another company that can do the job quickly and efficiently,” Mayor Joy Belmonte said.

“If the improvements promised to the city are not honored as is contained in the contract, we will initiate contract termination proceedings and file appropriate charges against them,” she added.

The city government is also eyeing to file damages against its service provider in case of their failure to meet contractual obligations by Friday. Technical problems with the platform had been occurring as early as late March.

“Kaya natin kinuha ang serbisyo ng eZConsult ay para mapadali ang proseso ng pagpapatala, ngunit ano ang gagawin natin kung ang sistema nila mismo ang ugat ng problema… They committed [to provide] a seamless service but they failed repeatedly,” Belmonte said.

The city government has already demanded liquidated damages from Zuellig in connection with the platform’s technical problems. –jlo#

Popular

Galloping into 2026: What’s in store for your sign this Year of the Fire Horse?

By Brian Campued From the year of transformation and renewal in 2025, let us welcome 2026 with intense passion and determination. With the arrival of...

Palace: PBBM will not meddle with ICC’s indictment of co-perpetrators in FPRRD’s ‘war on drugs’

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Sumusunod tayo sa sarili nating batas at nakikipag-cooperate din tayo sa Interpol.” As talks about the previous administration’s brutal war on drugs...

Binondo gets ‘much-needed attention, respect’ in revitalization project —PBBM

By Brian Campued As the world’s oldest Chinatown, Binondo is a melting pot of history, heritage, and most especially, food—making the district a major cultural...

Castro to VP Sara on Valentine’s Day: Spread love, not fake news

By Brian Campued Palace Press Officer and Undersecretary Claire Castro on Friday called Vice President Sara Duterte “blind” for not seeing the work of President...