PBBM sends condolences to India over deadly bridge collapse

By Gabriela Baron

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. sent on Saturday, Nov. 12, a message of condolences to the families of the victims of a deadly bridge collapse in Gujarat, Western India.

“At the outset allow me to add our condolences on behalf of the Filipino people for the tragic loss of life and injury from the bridge collapse that you recently suffered,” the President said during the 19th ASEAN-India Summit in Phnom Penh.

“We pray for the injured to return rapidly to good health,” he added.

The Indian delegation attending the summit was led by Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar.

The death toll from the foot bridge collapse rose to 135. According to local officials, most of those who died were women, children, or elderly.

The bridge, which authorities said collapsed due to overloading, had been reopened just a week ago after undergoing repairs.

The 754 feet bridge on the Machchu river was built during British rule in the 19th Century. –ag

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...